Yoni Steaming, also known as Vaginal Steaming, is the holistic practice of using the warmth of a gentle herbal steam to permeate the exterior of the vagina. During your yoni steam session, a base formula of Chinese herbs will be combined with herbs specific to your constitution and then decocted over a single burner. During your treatment, you will simply sit on a sauna box that contains the burner and the herbal decoction and allow the steam to flow upwards. This process is incredibly nourishing to your feminine essence. Clients have reported feeling empowered, invigorated, and rejuvenated after yoni steaming sessions.
Yoni steaming has a vast history in most every culture. From Africa to Asia to the Caribbean, medicine women have been preparing yoni steams for each other to cleanse the uterus, release toxins, detox, strengthen reproductive organs, and regulate menstrual cycles. These sessions have connected women for millennia and inspired positive relationships with their feminine energy.
There are many conditions for which yoni steaming is indicated. Women have noticed that it can:
- Regulate Irregular and Absent Menstrual Cycles
- Increase Fertility
- Relieve Chronic Vaginal and Yeast Infections
- Reduce, and actually Melt, Fibroids
- Reduce Ovarian Cysts
- Relieve Uterine Pain
- Speed Weightloss Post Birth
- Assist with the Recovery from Vaginal Tear, Episiotomy, and C-Sections
- Ease Symptoms of Menopause
- Relieve Menstrual Pain
- Increase Sexual Desire and Lubrication
- Decrease Infection and Odor
- Detoxify the Womb
- Released Stored Negative Emotions Trapped in the Uterus
- Tone the Reproductive System Post-Birth
- Significantly Reduce Pain and Bloating due to Menstruation
And we'd be remiss if we didn't mention the undeniable connection to the feminine that is reached during a Yoni Steam.
Our Yoni Steams can be booked for a Private Session or a Sister Session. You will prepare for your steam by answering a short questionnaire about your health history, changing into a provided simple, long wrap dress, and sitting over your personal sauna. Because of this drape, there will be no external exposure of the yoni. Many women feel comfortable experiencing this session with a friend or family member. We will only book dual sessions when requested.
The length of the session may depend on your specific health history as well as your experience with steaming. Your initial session may be only 10 minutes of steaming over relatively low heat. An advanced steam, may be thirty minutes utilizing a higher temperature. Each woman is unique and we want you to have the greatest experience with your yoni steam so our facilitators will prepare you before your session and help answer any questions you may have.
Yoni Steams are Contraindicated for those who fall into any of the below categories:
- Pregnant women
- Women who are currently menstruating
- Women who are prone to spontaneous bleeding
- Women who are trying to conceive should not steam between ovulation and their next menstruation in case they are pregnant
Yoni Steams may be appropriate for women whom experience the following; however, we may modify your steam or recommend a specific course of treatment:
- Women who are prone to infection (herpes, UTI, yeast)
- Women who are trying to conceive (we will not steam between ovulation and the next menstruation)
- Women experiencing short menstrual cycles (less than 27 days)
- Girls under the age of 13 who have reached menarche
- Women with IUDs
- Women experiencing hot flashes and/or night sweats
- Women with a history of interim bleeding in the past six months
In addition the following recommendations should be strongly considered:
- Steam sessions can be once a week, once before and once after menstruation, or with the moon cycles.
- It is often recommended to stay warm during a steam session by covering the shoulders with a blanket. We may recommend adding or removing this extra layer depending on your constitution.
- It is important to stay hydrated during and after a steam. Also, raw fruits and vegetables are great to replenish water and cool the body before or after a session.